Ascension Parish Court has suspended all scheduled court proceedings until further notice. Please adhere to the following:
- To inquire about your court case, please contact 225-621-8504. To inquire about probation matters, please contact 225-621-8518.
- All cases scheduled for hearing or trial will be reassigned to a later date. The clerk of court will notify you by mail of your new court date using the last known address in your file. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Court has an updated address! To provide an updated address, please call 225-621-8400.
- Litter abatement for 3/21-3/22 and 4/4-4/5 has been canceled.
- The substance abuse and driver improvement program scheduled for March 21, 2020 has been canceled.
- City of Donaldsonville community service/litter pickup has been suspended during this state of emergency. The deadline will be extended until May. You may contact City Hall to schedule your hours once it reopens to the public.
|Ascension Parish Court was created in 1976 by the Louisiana Legislature. Its jurisdiction covers the municipalities of Donaldsonville, Gonzales and Sorrento, as well as all areas of Ascension Parish outside the municipalities.|
DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASSES:
To see if you qualify to have your ticket reduced to a non-moving violation, you must contact the Traffic Division of the District Attorney’s Office at:
Ascension Parish Court is a court of record that handles civil, criminal, traffic and juvenile matters. Its civil jurisdiction is limited to cases in which the amount in dispute does not exceed $20,000.00, exclusive of interest, attorney fees and penalties. Its criminal and traffic jurisdiction is limited to misdemeanor offenses which carry penalties of no more than six months in the parish jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.00. The court's juvenile jurisdiction is concurrent with that of the District Court. The Ascension Parish Clerk of Court is the official clerk for the court.